Presenting a new addition to the PRO TREK MANASLU flagship line up of watches for serious outdoor adventurers. This new model commemorates the first ascent of Manaslu (which means “mountain spirit”), an 8,163-meter peak in the Himalayan range that was conquered by Japanese climbers in 1956.
Starting with a lightweight, highly durable Ti64 titanium alloy bezel that is polished to a mirror-like finish, the band, buttons, crown have a uniform silver color that recalls the feel of a snowy mountaintop.
The side of the bezel adopts an innovative new form, and the second hand is a shade of red that helps to maintain readability even under whiteout conditions.
The base model is the PRX-8000T, which incorporates advice and suggestions from PRO TREK ambassador Hirotaka Takeuchi, the only Japanese climber to have conquered all 14 of the world’s 8,000-meter peaks.
The black face and large, high-contrast white hour markers help to keep important time and measurement information easy to read, even under harsh conditions at 8,000 meters.
Other indicated information is arranged and colored so it does not stand out as much, which helps to keep the focus on the time and digital measurement readouts.
A distinctively shaped hour marker and an arrow mark stamped at the base of the band at 12 o’clock are designed to enhance reading under low-oxygen and foul weather conditions.
A double-lock one-press three-fold buckle with an adjustment mechanism, which allows simple adjustment to a band length up to approximately 6 mm, enables simple adjustment without special tools, even while wearing inner gloves. Also, the movable range of the band and case joint mechanism has been enlarged to make the watch easier to put on and take off.
• Triple Sensor (bearing, altitude/barometric pressure, temperature)
• Barometric pressure graph
• Barometric pressure alarm
• Low-temperature resistant (–10°C/14°F)
• Auto hand position correction
• Hybrid mount construction improves movement durability.
• Hand shift feature momentarily shifts the analog hands away from digital displays during measurement of altitude, barometric pressure, or temperature.
• Double LED light illumination provides independent light sources for the face and LCD.
• Sapphire crystal with non-reflective coating on the inner surface
Specifications of PRX-8000MT-7
- Case / bezel material: Resin / Titanium
- One-touch, slide-adjustable Double-lock three-fold clasp
- Solid Band
- Titanium Band
- Sapphire Glass with non-reflective coating
- Screw Lock Crown
- 100-meter water resistance
Click here to learn more
- Double LED light LED light for the face (Full auto LED light, selectableillumination duration, afterglow) LED backlight for the digital display (Full auto LED light,selectable illumination duration, afterglow)
- Solar powered
- Low-temperature resistant (–10°C/14°F)
- Time calibration signal reception Auto receive up to six* times a day (remaining auto receives canceled as soon as one is successful) *5 times a day for the Chinese calibration signal Manual receive The latest signal reception results
- Time Calibration Signals Station name: DCF77 (Mainflingen, Germany) Frequency: 77.5 kHz Station name: MSF (Anthorn, England) Frequency: 60.0 kHz Station name: WWVB (Fort Collins, United States) Frequency: 60.0 kHz Station name: JJY (Fukushima, Fukuoka/Saga, Japan) Frequency: 40.0 kHz (Fukushima) / 60.0 kHz (Fukuoka/ Saga) Station name: BPC (Shangqiu City, Henan Province, China) Frequency: 68.5 kHz
- The auto hand home position correction
- Digital compass Measures and displays direction as one of 16 points Measuring range: 0 to 359° Measuring unit: 1° 60 seconds continuous measurement Hand indication of north Bidirectional calibration Magnetic declination correction
- Altimeter Measuring range: –700 to 10,000 m (–2,300 to 32,800 ft.) Measuring unit: 1 m (5 ft.) Hand indication of altitude differential Manual memory measurements (up to 30 records, each including altitude, date, time) Auto log data (High/low altitudes, cumulative ascent and descent) Others: Relative altitude readings (±100m /±1000m), Selectable measurement interval: 5 seconds or 2 minutes *1 second for first 3 minutes only *Changeover between meters (m) and feet (ft)
- Barometer Display range: 260 to 1,100 hPa (7.65 to 32.45 inHg) Display unit: 1 hPa (0.05 inHg) Hand indication of pressure differential Atmospheric pressure tendency graph Barometric pressure tendency information alarm (beep and arrow indicates significant changes in pressure) *Changeover between hPa and inHg
- Thermometer Display range: –10 to 60°C (14 to 140°F) Display unit: 0.1°C (0.2°F) *Changeover between Celsius (°C) and Fahrenheit (°F)
- World time 29 time zones (29 cities + universal coordinated time), One-touch UTC Time Zone Access, daylight saving on/ off, Home city/World time city swapping
- 1/100-second stopwatch Measuring capacity: 23:59’59.99” Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
- Countdown timer Measuring unit: 1 second Countdown range: 60 minutes Countdown start time setting range: 1 second to 60 minutes (1-second increments, 1-minute increments)
- 5 daily alarms
- Hourly time signal
- Hand shift feature (manual or auto (during altitude, barometric pressure, and temperature measurement))
- Battery level indicator
- Power Saving (display goes blank and hands stop to save power when the watch is left in the dark)
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)
- 12/24-hour format
- Button operation tone on/off
- Regular timekeeping: Analog: 3 hands (hour, minute (hand moves every 10 seconds), second) Digital: Hour, minute, second, am/pm, date, day
- Accuracy: ±15 seconds per month (with no signal calibration)
- Approx battery operating time: 6 months on rechargeable battery (operation period with normal use without exposure to light after charge) 25 months on rechargeable battery (operation period when stored in total darkness with the power save function on after full charge)
- Size of case : 59.7×52.5×14.4mm
- Total weight : 136g
Official source: http://www.casio-intl.com
Casio Shops we trust: