Among Casio’s shock-resistant watch “G-SHOCK”, “MASTER OF G” is a popular series that presents an endless challenge to the limit. There are models with themes of land, sea, and air, and this time, a new work has appeared from “FROGMAN” that belongs to the sea. It will be released in June, and 3 models will be lined up with different coloring. The price including tax is 99,000 yen.
G-SHOCK’s only diver’s watch, FROGMAN, is characterized by its asymmetrical case, which is rare for a G-SHOCK. It is known by the nickname “frog” and is often used in anniversary models and collaboration models. It is also very popular as a collector’s item.
The new “GWF-A1000” is the first full analog model for successive FROGMANs. As a G-SHOCK fan, there may be many people who were surprised at analog FROGMAN. It has a FROGMAN asymmetrical design (easy to put on the left wrist and does not hinder the movement of the wrist) and ISO standard 200m water resistant performance for diving.
The analogization is in response to the diver’s request to “quantify the dive time”. For example, in the “dive mode”, the hour and minute hands are piled up and displayed as one highly visible hand to display the elapsed dive time in an easy-to-understand manner.
A newly developed module is also used for the movement. Equipped with three dual-coil motors that independently drive the hour, minute, and 8 o’clock in-dial hands, it quickly switches from normal time display to dive time display.
Year of first release: 2020
Nominations: best design, best functions, best resistance
The most distinctive specs:
– ISO 200 meters Water Resistance (good for swimming and professional diving)
– Analog Watch Display (The over-sized dimensional index and hour and minute hands offer improved readability. Three dual-coil motors enable the hour, minute and world time hands to move rapidly so the wearer can switch modes with no delay)
– Carbon Monocoque Case (single carbon Monocoque unit that protects the module from external shock and makes it possible to eliminate carbon guard parts from the buttons on the sides of the case)
– Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
– Radio-controlled Watch; Multi band 6 (additional way for time sync. This watch receives time calibration radio signals that keep the displayed time accurate)
– Fluoroelastomer Band (The fluoroelastomer material provides an excellent fit on the wrist with its soft feel, not to mention exceptional resistance to staining and hydrolysis)
– Diving Mode (The hour and minute hands can be brought together as one at the start of a dive to indicate the diving time)
– G-SHOCK Connected App (you may manage all watch settings through your phone)
– Mobile link (Wireless linking using Bluetooth(R)) (for time sync with your phone data)
– Tide graph (tide level for specific date and time)
– Tide point setting (Some of the world’s major dive spots come pre-set and can be selected from a map or list)
– Diving log (Timeline display of time, date and number of dives along with smartphone-logged dive location and smartphone-shot photos)
Average Amazon Price: may be available (yes, we may earn a commission on qualifying purchases from our links to Amazon)
Other colors and full specs: GWF-A1000 Wiki Page