These new models are the latest additions to the G-LIDE lineup of G-SHOCK sports watches, which are a favorite choice among the world’s top surfers.
These new models come with the ability to display information required by surfers (high tide and low tide times and levels), and to use a phone application for simple selection of one of approximately 3,300 locations around the globe.
The wide face and a high-definition MIP (Memory In Pixel) LCD improves display readability of standard functions like Tide Graph, Moon Data, high tide and low tide times, and sunrise and sunset times. This provides important information about current conditions at a glance, which, in combination with a collection of training measurement functions (distance, speed, pace, lap, pitch), provides plenty of support for surfers who meet new challenges around the globe.
In addition to powerful functions, these new models also incorporate advances in design, structure, and materials. The bezels of these models are made of resin and metal to allow them to withstand the impact of underwater rocks better. The surface of the bezel has a stainless steel cover with a hairline and honed finish that creates a look of elegant toughness. A resin guard structure that protects against impact from any direction combines with a button guard at 6 o’clock, which delivers outstanding G-SHOCK protection.
The end of the soft urethane band at 6 o’clock has slits to allow the draining of water and sweat for improved comfort.
Year of first release: 2020
Nominations: best design, best functions
The most distinctive specs:
– 200-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
– MIP (Memory In Pixel) LCD (improves display readability of standard functions like Tide Graph, Moon Data, high tide and low tide times, and sunrise and sunset times)
– G-SHOCK Move App (Increase motivation by managing measurement data and training history with the app, which automatically creates training plans tailored to set targets)
– Mobile link (Wireless linking using Bluetooth(R)) (for time sync with your phone data)
– Training Function (Display of distance, speed, pace, and other calculated values based on accelerometer, auto/manual lap times, Auto Pause, target alert setting (time, calories burned) on/off, training display customization (elapsed time, distance, pace, lap time, lap distance, lap pace, average pace, speed, average speed, calories burned))
– Step count (A built-in 3-axis acceleration sensor begins counting steps the moment you start to walk.)
– Moon data (moon age of the specific date)
– Tide graph (tide level for specific date and time)
– Sunrise, sunset time display (Sunrise time and sunset time for specific date, daylight pointers)
Average Amazon Price: may be available (yes, we may earn a commission on qualifying purchases from our links to Amazon)
Other colors and full specs: GBX-100 Wiki Page