Here are the technologies involved in the new all black carbon MT-G.
SLIDE 01: Carbon Layered Bezel
Advanced press processing and machining technology enabled complex shaped bezel made from layered glass-fibre and carbon sheet.
SLIDE 02: Black IP x Metallic Red
IP finishing is applied to metal casing and band to make it all black. The indial is painted red to achieve G-SHOCK brand color.
SLIDE 03: Premium Metal Finishing
Sallaz polishing, said to be the ultimate polishing technology, produces exceptionally smooth mirror-finished surfaces. Hairline processing are are also included in the thoroughly detailed finishing.
Year of first release: 2018
Nominations: best design (Win iF Design Awards 2019), best resistance, best materials
The most distinctive specs:
– 200-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
– G-SHOCK Connected App (you may manage all watch settings through your phone)
– Mobile link (Wireless linking using Bluetooth(R)) (for time sync with your phone data)
– Smart Access (the system for analogue movements achieves multi-functionality and easy operability simultaneously through a combination of multiple motors and an electronic crown)
– Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
– Radio-controlled Watch; Multi band 6 (additional way for time sync. This watch receives time calibration radio signals that keep the displayed time accurate)
– TRIPLE G RESIST (Shock resistant, Centrifugal force resistant, Vibration resistant)
– Core Guard structure (integrates the lugs and pipes that connect the band into single pieces, creating a wall that isolates the watch’s module from impact. The resin of the center case is also reinforced with carbon fibers, which further enhances module protection, while reducing overall weight)
Average Amazon Price: $800 (yes, we may earn a commission on qualifying purchases from our links to Amazon)
Other colors and full specs: MTG-B1000 Wiki Page