DOVER, NEW JERSEY, MAY 9, 2019 — Today, Casio G-SHOCK(Opens the G-SHOCK website in new window)(Opens the website in new window) announces the retail availability of the latest addition to its men’s GRAVITYMASTER(Opens the GRAVITYMASTER website in new window)(Opens the website in new window) line. The limited edition GWRB1000X-1A(Opens the GWRB1000X-1A website in new window)(Opens the website in new window), built with aviation professionals in mind, arrives in a premium black Carbon Monocoque case and boasts a carbon and epoxy resin to elevate the strength and durability of the lightweight model. Rust resistant titanium material further adds to the rugged structure, allowing the watch and its users to handle the toughest of situations.
Announced as one of six watches that G-SHOCK unveiled during Baselworld(Opens the Baselworld website in new window)(Opens the website in new window) 2019, the GWRB1000X-1A comes equipped with G-SHOCK’s most-premium features, including a laminated carbon bezel (52 layers), carbon dial and carbon insert band, made to withstand harsh conditions. The model also features an upscale and scratch resistant sapphire glass that enhances the watch’s usability as well as Triple G Resist to protect against shock, vibration, and centrifugal force, elements that pilots frequently experience. .
Built with Bluetooth® technology connected via the G-SHOCK Connected smartphone app, the new model keeps accurate time, including adjusting for daylight saving time and changes in time zone. Other premium features include tough solar capabilities, Multiband 6 technology and a super illuminator LED light that automatically illuminates the watch face in darker conditions, providing easy visibility at night.
Year of first release: 2019
Nominations: best design (Win iF Design Awards 2020), best materials, best functions
The most distinctive specs:
– 200-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
– Carbon Monocoque Case (single carbon Monocoque unit that protects the module from external shock and makes it possible to eliminate carbon guard parts from the buttons on the sides of the case)
– Rust-resistant structure (Buttons, button pipes, case internal fixing rings, and other metal parts exposed to outside air are made of strong, lightweight, and highly rust resistant titanium alloy)
– TRIPLE G RESIST (Shock resistant, Centrifugal force resistant, Vibration resistant)
– G-SHOCK Connected App (you may manage all watch settings through your phone)
– Mobile link (Wireless linking using Bluetooth(R)) (for time sync with your phone data)
– Radio-controlled Watch; Multi band 6 (additional way for time sync. This watch receives time calibration radio signals that keep the displayed time accurate)
– Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
Average Amazon Price: $715 (yes, we may earn a commission on qualifying purchases from our links to Amazon)
Other colors and full specs: GWR-B1000 Wiki Page