DOVER, NEW JERSEY, MAY 15, 2019 — Today, Casio G-SHOCK unveils two all-new G-STEEL timepieces to its G-SHOCK Carbon series. Joining G-SHOCK’s lineup of refined men’s G-STEEL timepieces, the models come with Carbon Core Guard Structures and arrive almost 2.0mm thinner than its predecessors, providing elevated toughness in a lightweight case. The models also showcase a sleek and stylish look, with silver watch faces offered in a solid stainless steel band (GSTB200D-1A) and all-black polyurethane band (GSTB200-1A).
Combining both style and functionality, the latest timepieces are perfect for the man on-the-go who needs a reliable piece of gear. Carbon materials reduce case size, while the timepieces showcase a larger face in a more compact form. The new G-STEEL Carbon timepieces also include fine stainless-steel bezel and buttons and a thin case back to provide a high-end look with a comfortable feel.
In addition, the timepieces arrive with other topline features including Bluetooth® connectivity to pair with smartphones via the G-SHOCK Connected App. Other features include solar-powered charging capabilities, a hand retract function, and full auto double LEDs light for maximum visibility at night.
Year of first release: 2019
Nominations: best design, best materials, best functions
The most distinctive specs:
– 200-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
– Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
– G-SHOCK Connected App (you may manage all watch settings through your phone)
– Mobile link (Wireless linking using Bluetooth(R)) (for time sync with your phone data)
– Carbon Core Guard structure (integrates the lugs and pipes that connect the band into single pieces, creating a wall that isolates the watch’s module from impact. The resin of the center case is also reinforced with carbon fibers, which further enhances module protection, while reducing overall weight)
Average Amazon Price: $300 (yes, we may earn a commission on qualifying purchases from our links to Amazon)
Other colors and full specs: GST-B200 Wiki Page