DOVER, NEW JERSEY, JULY 11, 2019 – Today, Casio(Opens the Casio website in new window)(Opens the website in new window) G-SHOCK(Opens the G-SHOCK website in new window)(Opens the website in new window) announces the retail availability of the latest addition to its MR-G line of upscale men’s timepieces. The limited-edition MRGG2000GA-1A boasts hand engravings on the band, completed using the classic Japanese technique, “yasuri-me,” an intricate process that is applied to each of the band’s center links creating a rasp-mark finish similar to that found on the tang of a sword, and further enhancing its sophisticated look.
The MRGG2000GA-1A also features a Cobarion® bezel with a flawless mirror-finish, and a unique bladed edge to symbolize a Japanese sword.
The watch face also boasts a watered pattern and is protected by a scratch-resistant sapphire crystal with non-reflective coating, elevating its overall clarity. The new model also comes equipped with G-SHOCK’s top-of-the-line technical capabilities including Multi-Band 6 technology, as well as Tough Solar technology that provides self-charging capabilities. The watch also has Bluetooth technology to connect with the MR-G Connected smartphone app, which allows for self-adjusting time changes as one travels between time zones in addition to tracking solar charge, checking signal reception frequency and more.
Year of first release: 2018
Nominations: best design, best materials, best functions
The most distinctive specs:
– 200-meter water resistance (good for swimming but not for deep diving)
– Mobile link (Wireless linking using Bluetooth(R)) (for time sync with your phone data)
– MR-G Connected App (you may manage all watch settings through your phone)
– Smart Access (the system for analogue movements achieves multi-functionality and easy operability simultaneously through a combination of multiple motors and an electronic crown)
– Tough Solar (CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power)
– GPS HYBRID WAVE CEPTOR (Two mutually complementary systems, GPS satellite signal reception and terrestrial (Multi Band 6) time-calibration signal reception)
Average Amazon Price: $2000 (yes, we may earn a commission on qualifying purchases from our links to Amazon)
Other colors and full specs: MRG-G2000 Wiki Page